Sunday, August 28, 2011

to the many friends and family members I have encountered who act as Caregivers, especially to an adult spouse or parent

Quiet Witness of a Caring Giver

I thought of you the other day, when you weren't even around.
You're a person who's sincere and true; whose heart is warm and sound.

In daylight you offer a guiding hand; At night a listening ear,
You face many challenges along the way; Your kindness keeps you near.

Preparing and caring for two, is extra work each day.
Yet these are the things you continue to do, and not for prize or pay.


I witness your devotion, even when frustrations do arise.
I honor your time and efforts, the concern that's deep in your eyes.

Your loved one my not say thank you; perhaps they don't know how,
Please accept this heartfelt acknowledgement, from me to you right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment