Sunday, June 26, 2011

snapshot of june

Little L's favorite pastimes at 14 months include: running (away from mom) down the sidewalk, wiping her (food covered) hands in her hair, ripping barrettes out of her hair, blowing on her food to cool it off, getting dressed by putting articles of clothing on her head (and then walking around the house that way) and, oh yeah, being cute! What a fun age full of waving, pointing and blowing kisses.

Big Brother C is counting down to his 4 year birthday. He spends his time telling jokes to make sister laugh, riding in boats with Grandpa S, climbing on playground equipment, digging in his sand table, playing in his rice bucket, earning prizes with the city summer reading program, scooping rocks into his bucket at the lakefront, creating new railway layouts, arranging his cars, picking out his top 42 items at Fischberger's Variety store, as well as sleeping through the night... on occasion!

C still really loves to be first at any and everything which is a mystery to someone like me, who is pretty much ready to bow out of any competition... He is genuinely disappointed if I happen to use the toilet before him... "I wanted to be first!" or L finishes her peaches... "She's not the winner! I am!".

Toddler L's dark side? The limp noodle trick when I try to pick her up and bring her in the house. How did she get so slippery? Another favorite is shrieking when I attempt to feed her bites of food. But when I hand her the spoon, she calms down immediately and proudly pokes herself in the eye... I mean takes a bite.

Good times.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Katy for your wonderful blogs! I don't know what C has on his Fischberger's Variety store wish list but I'm mailing him a box full of "treasures" tomorrow (mostly from Dwight).

    ReplyDelete