Friday, March 25, 2011

two sides, but how many coins?

you could call it a silver lining, but i prefer to look at it as "half empty". the joys of wisconsin weather that is.

take pumping milk for example. when it is frigid, i curse the arctic air as i pump milk in my car "at work". since i work out of my car, that is my office! as work places are required by law to have a place where nursing moms can pump milk, i offer a luxurious reclining front seat, radio with cd player, and even a cup holder. however climate control is often a bit rough as the car seems to cool off considerably after being turned off for an hour. brr. exposed breasts are cold breasts.

it stands to reason that with warm weather i will stop complaining, but unfortunately my memory is too good to claim that. back in july and september I was busy whining about trying to keep the pumped milk cold in the car all day long. loading (and unloading) my car daily with my workbag and laptop, my lunch, my water bottle, a separate cooler of milk for baby and toddler at daycare, diapers and wipes for daycare, breastpump and bottles, inhaler for toddler, and a baby in a carrier was just about all i could handle. add another cooler and ice pack and i would tip over. onto the ground. and it is very hard to get up holding all the aforementioned things.

No comments:

Post a Comment