Monday, February 28, 2011

A day in the life of Mr. C

So today Mr. C popped up at the break of dawn and created a beautiful line of matchbox cars along his train tracks. He also demanded mom stop singing poppy tunes and sing rock and roll, "you know" he confided, " with fast drums and guitars that go neer, na neer." I obliged (but still can't find a record label that wants to put it out...). He raced me half way around the block and tried to push Baby L's stroller back up the hill. He colored Loretta Lynn on a tractor (?). He did a wild dancing and singing "show" for mom and Baby L. He created an urban street scene on the window sills. He practiced pedaling his Diego big wheel in the basement (finally!! thought that kid was gonna fred flintstone around forever!). He shoveled snow and sprinkled salt in opposition to this tiring Wisconsin weather. He was Spiderman, Wolverine, and Spiderman/Wolverine.. a dashing super hero that clings to the side of cribs, spins a web and is ready to scratch you as you chase him in literal circles around the house while he dons a Buzz Lightyear pajama top, Spiderman shorts, and socks on his hands (web shooters, duh).
All this on his day off from school. Excuse me, did I say day off? I meant his day home SICK from school. Couldn't you tell? Those antibiotics sure do kick in fast (less than 18 hours!) Oh, and no nap either.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I wish I had that kind of energy and imagination! I love reading this Katy! Keep up the stories.

    ReplyDelete